Saturday, October 10, 2015

Step 13: Confer with others - NHSLMA2015

Today's post is all about conferences!  I love going to conferences!  I am always amazed and energized by the awesome things that my fellow educators are doing.  In April I had the good fortune to attend the New Hampshire School Library Media Association (NHSLMA) conference in Manchester NH. http://nhslma.org/event-1762443  The keynote speeches were wonderful and each workshop that I attended gave me excellent ideas that I was able to apply in my classroom immediately.  I also had the privilege of presenting at this conference on Makerspaces!

 Here is my presentation if you want to take a gander.  The experience was incredible as the session was filled to the gills and many people came up afterwards and shared how much they enjoyed the session!  But what really had me chuffed was when Matthew Winner, one of the keynote speakers, and one of my library idols I might add, mentioned my presentation in his keynote speech!!  I'm pretty sure I was blushing from head to toe!  Later on at the conference I met not only Matthew, but also Jennifer LaGarde and John Schu, two more of my library idols!  I was even more excited that they let me take a selfie with them!

When you have the opportunity to share with amazing people like this, it makes your whole day!


No comments:

Post a Comment